[ddots-l] Re: Feedback On First Mix Needed, Please

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:55:13 -0000

Hi.

I loved the feel of this track.

A few observations rather than criticisms...

1.  The acoustic guitar type sound at the far left is way too quiet and is
getting lost in the mix.

2.  For me personally, the drums were a little bit too fancy so my attention
kept getting drawn to what the drummer was doing.

3.  Not sure exactly what it was that didn't sound right, but especially in the
first verse the high hat sounded like it was out of step with the tamberine  If
any of a drum or percussion track isn't tight, it tends to make the rest of the
mix sound a bit messy.  The rythm is the glue that holds the track together.

I think if the high hat work wasn't so fancy, the tamberine would slot in much
better.

Having said all of the above, a great track and a nice recording.

Bear in mind, I'm super picky about drum and percussion tracks.

Cheers
Darren