[ddots-l] Re: Faux Distortion on Vocals?

  • From: Dominique <40493raywonder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:42:00 -0700

Not sure, but I think drake uses it too.
It's ok some times, but I know what your talking about.
Is it like a guitar amp soundish thing?

Dominique: Writing via Thunderbird in Vinux.

On 11/06/2010 09:47 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
Has anybody noticed a trend lately in commercial music, wehre the vocals are given this almost distorted edge? It's not quite clipping, as if your speakers are being pushed too far.

I notice it a lot on Taylor Swift, but also on some local bands in my area as well.

It's really grating on the nerves! Does anybody know if this is a particular plug-in that is really popular these days, so I can avoid it like the plague?

thanks
Chris