[ddots-l] Re: FX Bin Not Displaying In Custom CakeTalking View

  • From: "Kelly Sapergia" <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:45:22 -0600

Hi,

I first noticed the problem when pressing Shift+F twice kept moving me to a different area instead of the FX bin while in the Bus pane. I then tried the command in the tracks view, and the same thing happened. By moving around with Left and Right, I noticed that it was invisible, except when CT was in the "all controls" view. After loading the plugin I needed into the bin while in this view, I went back to the Custom view, and that's when another problem set in. I had just inserted a new MIDI track, and had pressed P to bring up the Track Properties dialog. The sound played, the "Track Properties" announcement was given, but no dialog appeared. At this point, I should mention that I had removed an older version of CakeTalking from my system, along with JAWS 11, which I no longer need. Everything seemed to be working propperly after that with my current configuration (CT 8.8.4 and JAWS 14), but now I began to wonder if something got corrupted. I reinstalled the current version of CT, and everything's working normally again, including the FX bin.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director