[ddots-l] FW: [program-l] Re: Vista - Application Memory Limit

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:12:05 +0100

Hi Gordon,

Here's your answer, and from a very highly respected
Microsoft Employee.  In fact, what Mark doesn't know about
compilers, just isn't worth knowing.  His full time job used
to be troubleshooting compilers for Microsoft covering the
whole of Europe and Africa.

George.

________________________________

        Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:01:24 +0100
        From: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Does anyone know what the memory limit is for
individual applications with Vista?

        I believe the total limit for the 32 bit version is
4 GB, but have been asked is there's a limit for an
individual application.

        Needless to say I've Googled and hunted the MS web
site, but can't seem to find the correct keywords to obtain
a result.

        George W F Bell, Managing Director
        Techno-Vision Systems Ltd
        76 Bunting Road Ind. Est.