[ddots-l] Re: Editing Questions?

  • From: "Charles Marston" <rumbero73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:02:21 -0500

Brandon:
The problem is that you inserted the reverb on the master bus. By default, all audio tracks have their output column set to the master bus. So, what ever effect you put on the Master bus will affect all tracks going to it during the whole project.

Here is what you should do. In the bus pain, you should insert a new bus which you can call reverb or FX-1. In this bus, you go to the effect bin and insert the reveb you want. Then, go to the track you want to work on. In this track you need to insert a bus send. You do that by right clicking on the track and selecting insert send. You will be given a list of options, you should arrow down until you find the name of the new bus you inserted which we said we would call either reverb or efx-1, and hit enter on it. Make sure that the send is enabled. Then, you should set the send level for this track at minus infinity so that it does not send any signal to the bus. Then, you turn automation write on for the track and either do an automation snapshot or you can do it real time if you want, raise the send level of the send to what you want during the part you want. That should do it.