[ddots-l] Re: Drum Products

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:09:05 -0400

superior period.
At 07:23 PM 4/9/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

For some time now, I've been interested in getting something better for drums (I compose music in various genres). I don't mind using the kits in my Roland keyboard, but think they could be better. I'm also not happy with the kits in Session Drummer 3, as they don't seem to have a lot of punch to them, even if I use the Drum Destroyer setting in the Sonitus Compressor. I also don't care for the percussion sounds because, at least on my system anyway, they sound considerably quieter than the regular drums. I've also been trying to get the Addictive Drums demo to work for the last few days, but can't get Sonar to find the DLL file, even though it's in the VSTPlugins folder, and have given up on it. So now I'm trying to decide if I should go for a CD from Sonivox called "Drum Series 1", which contains their Bluejay and Session Drums products in soundfont format, or if something like EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer, or Stylus RMX might be a better alternative. The problem is that there's no playable demos of these products. (Actually, I did try the DVI version of Sonivox's Bluejay Drums product, but couldn't find a way to access the presets as the plugin window seemed to be hidden or something.) What product would you recommend for doing drum work in terms of ease of use and sound quality?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director