[ddots-l] Cakewalk VS-700C V-Studio controler

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:20:12 -0700

List,

I just got a call from someone here in town to do some tracking.

The guy is another Sonar man...

One of his recommendations was, for me to bring any mics that I like to use, just in case what he has is not the best choice. This brought me to ask what kind of pre's he was using, in case I wanted to bring mine...

Maybe I miss heard him but I thought he said that he was just using the built in pre's on the Cakewalk VS-700C V. If not the 700, it was another cakewalk product.

My question is this, are the pre's in the cakewalk products "up to snuff?"

Are they as good or better than the M-Audio or Motu stuff?

If not I'll drag my Universal Audio over there with my mics and guitars.

I just hate taking all of this stuff out...

Shawn