[ddots-l] Re: Am I in over my head?

  • From: Jeff Molzow (mobile) <jmolzow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 06:53:46 -0700

Hello Jason:

Your friend in sound is correct in that it is not the "Standard" for
compmuterized recording workstations.  But, it IS the only one that is
accessible for the blind producer at  beginner and advanced levels.  My
suggestion is that you tell your friend to put a blind fold on and attempt to
navigate his "Standard" studio. I suspect that our interface might not be as
stupid to him at that point.

I'm sure than when a more "Standard"  option comes around that is as
accessible, it will be reviewed by the  blind producer/musical community  and
hjudged on it's merrits.

I started with a ProTools studio, but when I lost my sight, was no longer able
to navigate it in any useful way.  Cakewalk Sonar and the CakeTalking scripts
have allowed me to  continue in the production enviroment.  I'm thankful that
there is at least something out there for us to work with and I look forward to
see what future technology might bring us.

Sorry for the rant
Jeff