[ddots-l] Re: Am I in over my head?

  • From: "Jim Jackson" <cs2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:54:49 -0400

Hello Dave and others, I think that the tutorials that ship with Sonar
is great for both beginners and for advance users the same.  I started
with Cakewalk pro audio 9 and caketalking for that program about 3 years
ago.  I started out knowing absolutely nothing other than being able to
play my keyboard.  However, through reading the tutorials and applying
the material discussed in the tutorials I've learned an offal lot.  I've
just upgraded to Sonar 4 producer and caketalking 4, I have purchased a
computer from dancing dots, I've purchased an external sound card, a
mixer, monitors and some studio mics and I'm up and running.  There's so
much I don't know yet but it's in the tutorials for the most part and
whatever isn't covered can be found right here on this list.  I strongly
encourage you all to hang in there, take some quality time with the
tutorials and your gear and ask questions yes, even the silly questions
because we know that only stupid question is the question that goes
unasked.  Thanks