[ddots-l] Re: Advice on making a podcast

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:17:03 -0400

My advice would be to have a clear plan of what you want to say, how long you want to interview anybody, etc. Think of it like any other pprofessional radio production. Write out at least some of what you want to say, so it doesn't sound amateur as you "um" and "ah" your way through it.

Other than that, most of the things you need to concern yourself with to record a decent vocal apply here - microphone technique, record somewhere quiet, EQ and compress if necessary, de-ess if necessary etc.

An mp3 file is not a podcast. To be a podcast, technically, it has to be distributed on iTunes or similar, so you will want to look into how to do that.

Chris

At 11:31 PM 9/9/2013, you wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of making or trying to create a podcast for a nonprofit organization based upon wanted veterans from the war. And aside from the little knowledge that I have in sonar I know very little about making a podcast. So I am wondering if I could get some assistance or some tips and somebody to kick some knowledge at me regarding the steps and what I need to know about making a podcast any assistance would be great. For right now all I have is my laptop my interface a couple of Mike's and the basic knowledge of running basic functions and sonar with CT. Valley appreciate it guys thanks

Manny,
sent from my iPhone 4sPLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE!
ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectsubscribe