[ddots-l] Re: Accessible multitrack recorders?

  • From: "Nick Daniels" <nick.dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:40:46 +0100

Accessable multi track recorders are very rare on the market these days. there use to be the taskem analog 4 track recorder, but that has disappeared from the market now, and the digital multi-track recorders arn't accessable enough for us blind people.

I'd suggest taking a lap top computer with sonar or reaper or both even installed on it. mind you, you'll have to carry alot more equipment than a portable multi-track recorder.

-----Original Message----- From: John Schucker
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:17 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Accessible multitrack recorders?

I was wondering, does anybody have a good portable multitrack recorder
recommendation? I don't necessarily mean portable in the sense of
fitting in my pocket, just that it's movable. I was practicing frame
drum today, nowhere near the computer, and came up with a beat I liked.
Then I thought, it would be nice to have a sort of sketch pad for
musical ideas, let's say if I wanted to throw a flute on top of the drum
or guitar behind it or something, but I wasn't in front of the computer,
or if I wanted to go outside, something like that you know?

I know some of the Olympus recorders that talk can do multitrack stuff,
the LS100 I think, but I don't think the multitrack stuff talks. But I
wouldn't even necessarily need something with spoken feedback, though
that's always a plus, if it was useable. I'd assume most modern
multitrack recorders would have a USB interface or such, but if not I
guess you could just hook it up to a mixer and record it that way, if
you needed to pull stuff into Sonar and CT. So hopefully somebody's
tried that and has some recommendations.