[ddots-l] Re: A question

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:38:26 -0000

Hi Patryk and Ralf,

using Interppilate is also a good way of sorting out things such as Duration, velocity and many more things besides.

Here's a quick example a snare which has the note C3 and Velocity 97, I wish to change it to the note D3 and Velocity 117.
This would take forever in the event menu.
Here's how to do it quickly.

I'm going to go to my drum track. This track as a complete drum rhythm but I only want to change the snare.

1: press alt enter to select the whole track from start to end,
2: hold down shift then press F3 twice, this will put you on the first Interppilate menu. 3: tab to lowest note and hit note C3 on your keyboard, now tab to highest note and again hit C3 on your keyboard. That key is now the only key you will make changes too. 4: tab to lowest velocity, now you could set this to 97 as that is the number you wish to change, however because in this example we are not using loads of different velocity numbers we can leave this at 0. 5: tab to highest Velocity now you could set this to 97 as that is the number you wish to change, however because in this example we are not using loads of different velocity numbers we can leave this at 127. 6: now press enter and the second Interppilate menu will appear. This is where we make the changes.
7: lowest note well,  we want that to be D4 so hit D4 on your keyboard,
8: tab to Highest note, that too needs to be D4 so hit D4 on your keyboard,
9: tab to lowest velocity and set this at 117.
10: tab to highest velocity and set that at 117.
Finally press enter and all the C3 notes with the Velocity 97 will now be changed to D3 notes with velocity 117.

Hope this helps.

Steve W