[ddots-l] Re: 3 questions

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:59:59 -0800

Omar,

Charles brings up a very good point. I see a couple problems here...

1. Recording MIDI does quantize, but if it's not absolutely perfect, then you
might as well just record it as audio, as you'll get a much more natural sound
with all the nuances. Easy enough to lay down a drum track with it. In fact,
you should really consider laying down the drum track first, to the metronome
click so you don't have to mess with that later.

Other point about picking up the keyboard sounds. Have the pianist play and
sing along with a vocal track, but consider it just to be a scrap track. Then
later have them sing again on a new track while listening to the piano and not
actually playing. Takes out all the mechanical noise.

Dave