[dbsec] Oracle Security

  • From: "Hull, Dave" <dphull@xxxxxx>
  • To: <dbsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:13:25 -0500

I was a student in David Litchfield's Breakable course at Black Hat Training
this year. It was a great class and we learned numerous techniques for
elevating our privileges from a relatively non-privileged user to DBA.

I'm back at work now trying to determine our vulnerability level and so far
I've been stumped at every turn. I went to our DBAs and asked them to give me
an account on a test system. They asked me what rights I wanted and I told them
nothing special.

What I have is:
SQL> select * from session_privs;
PRIVILEGE
CREATE SESSION
ALTER SESSION
CREATE TABLE
CREATE CLUSTER
CREATE SYNONYM
CREATE VIEW
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE DATABASE LINK
8 rows selected.
SQL>

Many of the exploits we were shown relied on creating procedures or triggers.
Naturally, I don't have sufficient rights to go down that path. I've spent the
better half of the day today reading all he docs I can find to look for other
methods. I've tried most of the default username/password lists that I can find
and that too is a dead end.

I suspect there's something I'm missing and was wondering if anyone on the list
could point me in a new direction.

Thanks in advance.