[dbaust] Vision Australia Equipment Solutions News – Edition 5 - March 2012

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:34:34 -0700 (PDT)

Vision Australia Equipment Solutions News – Edition 5 - March 2012 Hello again
everyone, We are back and raring to go again with Christmas seeming to be such
a long, long time ago. Words of wisdom.We thought we’d start a new section in
our ES news. With each issue we will have some simple words of wisdom to help
you through the day. They will feature towards the end of each Equipment
Solutions news so read through and we hope you enjoy them. Please note that
each product or section starts with ** (star star), so that it is easy to jump
to the next product or article. ** New products available nowThe Equipment
Solutions team has been beavering away reviewing a heap of new products. The
newest addition to the range are handy cane holders. Read below for more
information. ** Bevria Magnetic Cane Holder Clips for mobility and support
canesCode: ES4422 & ES4423         Price: $15People with support and mobility
canes often need the use of both
 of their hands when getting around and are annoyed by often dropping their
canes to the ground. These magnetic clips by Bevria are clipped on to the cane
when required and then can be attached to any part of your clothing using a
magnetic clasp design, so that both hands are free for use but still keeping
the cane within easy reach. When you are ready, the cane is easily to pick up
in your hand again. ** New products coming soonFasten your seatbelts! These
exciting products are not yet available but give us a call towards the end of
April and we can let you know when they are in. ** Daylight Foldi rechargeable
LED lampPrice: $150With a nifty fold up design this desk lamp is portable and
rechargeable. The lamp head with 30 LED globes folds out and this action
switches on the lights. Folding the head back in switches it off. Features an
easy carry handle. Powered by 3xAA batteries that are recharged via USB
cable. ** i-loview handheld video
 magnifierPrice: $650Designed by Samsung engineers, this has fantastic image
clarity for a handheld electronic magnifier. It also has a very neat zoom
feature. You take a snapshot of some small print, like the labelling on a
product, and then zoom in to magnify the print. You then use the joy stick
control to pan across the image to read. The i-loview can also connect to a
larger TV screen if you wish. **Other product news**Prices go down for the
talking tape measure:Code: ES7600            Price: $99.For all you handy
people out there.Features: 5 metre (16ft) talking builder's tape measure that
announces measurements to the nearest millimetre (1/16"). Clear English male
voice. Measurements can be added to memory to enable total measurements up to
999.99m. Readings can be taken in feet/inches, metres, centimetres or
millimetres and can be converted at the touch of a button. Powered by a 9 volt
battery. ** General InfoAccessible apps for Apple
 devicesWe have gathered information from a heap of users of iPhones and iPads
to put together a list of accessible apps. You can find it out this page of the
Vision Australia website:http://www.visionaustralia.org/info.aspx?page=2572 And
don’t forget our online shop for other goodies at www.visionaustralia.org/shop
or call us on 1300 84 74 66. This issue’s words of wisdom.Always remember
you're unique.Just like everyone else. Until next time.The Vision Australia
Equipment  Solutions team.