[softwarelist] zeropage, source code releases

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:37:04 +0100

Hi,

On 13/08/2015 12:33, David Pilling wrote:

Meanwhile, I've fixed all the zero page errors I know about. My guess is
that there will be one or two more in Ovation Pro - but they need finding.

That's where you come in, I'm not finding them.

It will be interesting to see if any of the old software has zero page bugs. Only if there is a problem with the library code they're all built on will there have to be a lot of upgrades.

By 'old' I mean pre Ovation Pro - things like ArcFax.

Before this zero page stuff began I was busy giving away source code:

http://www.davidpilling.com/wiki/index.php/Software

I'd encourage you to download any software you find useful. Even if you're not a programmer you can get someone else to fix it. There's plenty of RISC OS software which has vanished due to source code being lost.

Essentially anything which gets to that page is not for sale any more and open to third parties modifying or doing what they like with. The archives on the pages linked from that page contain the latest version. That is the latest runnable version as well as the source code.

Free software!

There is more to come, but uploading source code has fizzled out for now. I will go back to doing a new release of SparkFS...

www.davidpilling.com