[softwarelist] Re: [softwarelist] Re: [softwarelist] Windows update (OT for list). Was: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:47:39 GMT

In message <JX7IcIB1h3bJFwXJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <096f1d1e50.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>FWIW, my Windows machines have been updated with anything offered by
>>the upgrade program, and so far at any rate I can communicate with (at
>>least one of) them using the new version of LanMan98. I was worried

> Like one of those movies where zombiefication befalls anyone who goes to
> sleep, the lure of afternoon tea proved too strong and I left my PC
> alone. Returning I was greeted with the triumphant announcement "Windows
> updated your computer!".

> I know this is true because copying files from RISC OS has stopped
> working again.

> What would be interesting is if the version of Lanman has anything to do
> with this, I've not updated my Iyonix for a long time. Currently it
> shows me Lanman version 2.30, 16th. Feb 2004.

I'm using LanM<an98 v1.22, (10 Mar 2004). I just tried copying a
folder of Audio CD files, in WAV format. It locked up the filer action
window somewhere between 500M and 1G. The Windows update ran
yesterday.

I have the new version of LanMan98, but I need to reboot to turn off
the okld one, which is refusing to go away - "LanMan98 is in use".

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx