[softwarelist] scan/USB2

  • From: Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:49:59 +0100

I am not sure which list to send this to, Iyonix or Pilling Software, and have opted for both:

I installed ROM512 two or three days ago. This morning I tried to
use my scanner for the first time since then. It is an Epson 1660
run by software from David Pilling. It now 'freezes' the machine
(if that is the right word). What happens is that, in DPling Scan,
I get as far as asking for a Preview or Scan, and everything stops.
Alt Break does nothing until I unplug the scanner, at which point
it invites me to 'Press Stop to terminate DPlingScan' and that
'unfreezes' the machine.

In trying to investigate this, I thought I'd Restore 511 and see if the
scanner would then work again. Tried this, got past the warning
about non-interruption, chose 'Full' rather than 'Transfer', but then
nothing seemed to happen. Now I'm not sure whether I have 511 or
512 inplace, and don't know how to check. I THINK I'm still with 512,
so I had another go at Restore511. After the choice of Full it says
"Wrong programmer for your machine."

Advice, please.