[softwarelist] pixels/flecks on displayed page background (was Re: Layout sheet)

  • From: Ewen Pring <Ewen_Pring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:11:37 GMT

In message <4ea5ccdad2lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> sent on 15 Jan
          Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4ea5c82c40louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Louie <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 2. I'm really stupid, but I keep crashing Ovation pro. It keeps coming up
>> with "internal error type 5" or something like that. What am I doing
>> wrong?
>
> Seriously though, I'm puzzled on this one. I'm sure it might be something
> to do with the intermittent problems I've reported with OvPro in the past
> (ie. odd lines of horizontal pixels appearing on the backdrop until you
> momentarily disable lazy task swapping and then re-enable it). It seems to
> be some kind of memory related problem but I'm not entirely sure what. I
> agree though, it's quite irritating.

That reminds me - I have this sort of flecking effect quite often,
also on an Iyonix, and only in Ovation Pro. I assumed it was something
to do with a little bit of the tops or bottoms of text which was
previously in those positions, not being wiped off the screen.

Sometimes it makes the typed text very hard to read, but re-drawing
the window [by dragging the window size icon to make it small and
large again] displays the document correctly again (for a while).

I shall experiment with your Misc plugin next time it happens re lazy
task swapping.

--
Ewen Pring, St. Albans, Herts
using Iyonix,  RISC OS 5