[softwarelist] Re: pdf-import

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:47:05 +0100

In message <fc625b7b4e.arnold@arnold.?>, Arnold van der Heijden <info@xxxxxxxxx> writes

Yes, thanks, it works.
About the low resolution: I mentioned this a long time ago and it
was a problem because the output (on print) was also low resolution.
As far I can see now, the output is correct. So the low resolution is
only on screen, you can compare it with a proxy. For me this is no
problem.

With PDF what the filter is doing is converting the PDF to EPS and then relying on the EPS applet to render it.

EPS files usually contain a low resolution version of the image (as either TIFF or WMF) and Ovation Pro treats this low resolution image like one of its own proxy images.

So the same rules apply, if the main image can't be rendered to a printer then the proxy is used (another example of where this happens is ArtWorks files on Windows).

As I said to get the main EPS images to work you need direct PostScript turned on and to be using a PostScript printer.

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941