[softwarelist] Re: pdf, ovation, risc oss

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:56:27 +0100

>Being able to use standard PPD files sounds like quite a nice option.

Yes because it is a way that RISC OS could correctly support lots of
printers - granted all PostScript variants.

>I suppose there is zero chance that ROSL would fund this as an addition
>to their OS (since in some ways it seems like this is where it should
>belong).

Yes ideally ROSL should do the work or Castle. Discussions with ROSL
indicate they won't do the work - however they are happy for a third
party to do it.

I think my last word on this project, is ensure that the thing also
works on the Castle machine. It should be possible to play off Castle
against ROSL to get the best source code

;-)