[softwarelist] Re: pdf import

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:22:28 +0000

In message <346f53a94e.arnold@arnold.?>, Arnold van der Heijden <info@xxxxxxxxx> writes

Yes, but also a simple line of text makes from a 7 kb pdf-file
a about 900 kb Ovation-document. So, it's not only the bitmap
in the postcript.

I don't agree with you there. That's why I wanted to see your example file.

That is a way to handle the problem. It is always possible to make
a jpeg ore tiff from any pdf. But I think this is not the right way:
it takes more time, the quality of fonts and vector is less, the files
get bigger then needed and I guess things like overprint gets lost so
the printcompany has to do a precise job.

Good points.