[softwarelist] Re: of special characters

  • From: "John Leeming" <jleeming231@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:14:24 -0000

 On 2014-10-26 22:48:04, "Paul Sprangers" <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <545ca7e8f3Paul@xxxxxxxx>,
   Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 And remember:
 Alt-[ + a, e, i, o, u gives á, é, í, ó, ú

To reply on my own mail, this was stupid. It's a RISC OS thing, it won't
help you in Windows. Apologise.

I use both RISCOS and Windows. I find the easiest way is simply to remember (or write down) the ASCII codes for the characters I use frequently. For example in RISCOS é is Alt-233 and ö is Alt-246. In Windows these codes are prefixed by a zero (e.g. Alt-0233). It's necessary to use the left-hand Alt key and the numeric keypad.

John L.