[softwarelist] Re: join_lines applet (bug?)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:01:10 +0000

In message <4ebcb09c2ejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Schild <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

When I highlight a section of text including the last line, which
terminates with a <ctrl> G page break, and apply <ctrl> J to join lines
including the last line, it stiffs the machine and I can only get going
again with an <alt> break to terminate OPro. (usually, of course, it
happens just *before* an auto-save is due....)

Apparently a bug in the join line applet. What you need to know is that Control+Escape will stop a script from running.

So a soft way out of this situation is Control+Escape.

I will investigate the applet. I don't expect it to be a difficult problem to fix. Thanks for the report. My apologies for any lost work.