[softwarelist] Re: file-transfer service (was: PostScript 3: It all started here...)

  • From: Gav Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:13:45 +0100

In message <1d41e7ad50.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gav Crawford  wrote on 21 Oct :
>> Another free service is http://www.mailbigfile.com which I've used
>> many times.

> unfortunately, downloading seems to require Javascript.  you don't
> even get a message to say so; it just sits there saying "Checking file
> availability".

> Gavin, have i missed something?  have you managed to download with a
> RiscOS browser?

I have done in the past , using NetSurf but it looks they've changed
things recently with the addition of the javascript code. Annoyingly,
it only seems to be there to give instructions on how to download the
file.

I thought for a moment I'd found a work around. Looking through the
source of the webpage I can see a link that when launched, shows a
download link to the file, but sadly, when clicked leads to an 'Empty
document' error.

So unfortunately it no longer works on RISC OS.