[softwarelist] Re: extensions

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:29:55 +0100

On 28 May, Anthony Hilton wrote in message
  <Marcel-1.53-0528114351-d07ZSTv@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> In <URL:news:local.opro> on Mon 28 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
> > Anthony Hilton wrote:
> >
> > > Using LanMan98 you'd tick the No Types box in the login dialogue box
> > > - or add the line
> > >      Notypes: Y to the configuration file for the disc
> >
> > I said it was old age I forgot to say it is from Virtual Acorn.
> >
> > Will explore settings to see if they make sense.
>
> VA with HostFS? I think there is an equivalent option in the
> configuration.

First, *don't* use the NoTypes option with LanMan98: set it up properly,
so that it doesn't need the bodge.

With VA, you need to add an association between O-Pro (I assume) files and
a DOS extension in VA's choices.  I think there is a HostFS Types tab in
the VA options window: you need to associate the OvnPro filetype (b27)
with the .dpd extension.

For LanMan98, simply associate the type with the extension using
*LanMan98Map somewhere in your boot sequence (there should already be a
set of mappings there somewhere, anyway).  If your system is set up
correctly, you don't need to use NoTypes at all.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/