[softwarelist] Re: extensions

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 21:08:31 +1000

Anthony Hilton wrote:
In <URL:news:local.opro> on Mon 28 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
When transferring Risc OS OP to Windows how do I get rid of the ,fe4 extension?

That is without renaming each one (With Vista you will tire the mouse out!!)

Has to be a tips and help but not been able to readily find it that's old age for you:-((

Using LanMan98 you'd tick the No Types box in the login dialogue box - or add
the line
     Notypes: Y
to the configuration file for the disc

Anthony

I said it was old age I forgot to say it is from Virtual Acorn.

Will explore settings to see if they make sense.

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales