[softwarelist] Re: extensions

  • From: Paul Shayler <g6tsf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:55:19 +0100

In message <465AB82F.80402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Anthony Hilton wrote:
In <URL:news:local.opro> on Mon 28 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
When transferring Risc OS OP to Windows how do I get rid of the ,fe4 extension?

That is without renaming each one (With Vista you will tire the mouse out!!)

Has to be a tips and help but not been able to readily find it that's old age for you:-((
Using LanMan98 you'd tick the No Types box in the login dialogue box - or add
the line
     Notypes: Y
to the configuration file for the disc
 Anthony

I said it was old age I forgot to say it is from Virtual Acorn.

Will explore settings to see if they make sense.

Peter

If you rename or save Ovation Pro files from the RiscOS side with /dpd added;

So the file "davidpilling" becomes "davidpilling/dpd"

Windows will recognise it as an Ovation Pro file. You should not see any file type code, but the file type will be present still AFAIK.

In VA create a new directory called ROPC in a suitable location on your VA harddisk. Put this on the RiscOS desktop. Next in Windows find the ROPC directory and make a shortcut to it on the desk top. This now gives you a way to transfer files between VA and the PC, by putting the files in the ROPC directory.

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Paul S.
--
Paul Shayler    M3TSF/G6TSF
Running the Internet accelerator ONSPEED.