[softwarelist] Re: exporting

  • From: Richard Brock <badger.sett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:33:55 +0100

In article <559D8604.3020809@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett
<pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to transfer documents to a Apple computer. They have requested it as
.docx file. I sent it as a pdf they can read but not edit. I suppose it
will have to go as a text file? I think this has been asked before:-)) Peter

Hope Dave Symes won't mind me quoting the following which he posted 04 May
2014 which seems pertinent. I've not used Able2Doc, but it is current...
costs around $99 though, so not cheap.

Richard

In article <5402ad0891dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
A mention in passing of something that might be of use to others...

While I have Both OvPro for RO and Windows, which I still use in
preference to anything else in the known universe... It's not much use
when interfacing with Windows folk who only know about Word.

Yes for some of those folks I convert to PDF and send that way, however,
if it's a document that requires editing, filling in, replying to, etc,
at their end, a PDF doesn't do it.

The solution I've been using for a while is this: Create the document in
Ovation Pro as per usual. Make into a PDF.

Load the PDF into a PC app called Able2Doc. It will then Convert and
Export/Save as a Word file (Or OpenOffice).

It does this to all the PDF file content, graphics and text and does it
very well.

It is a paid for app, but if you have quite a bit of stuff to convert, a
worthwhile investment.

Dave

--
Richard Brock