[softwarelist] Re: exporting

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 11:06:15 +0100

On 9 Jul at 9:34, charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <559DE03D.8070608@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Turing to my reply - I'm sorry, export support from Ovation Pro
*is* poor.

There has been no improvement in the last 10 years. Ovation Pro is
open, anyone who wants to can write code to export with styles or
whatever.

Perhaps one could comment that there's a big gap between
transparent conversion from OPro to Word, and simply preserving
effects like bold and italics.

One might also wonder what is going to happen at the destination,
are they going to publish your Word document or just copy the text
out of it and process it themselves.

It is going to be added to other contributors and published, the
editor has a Apple computer, she reported that should could see the
pdf but could not import for editing.

The added problem is that it is not possible to save the raw text,
at least I could not find a method, it always has the formatting so
all over place.

In some documents the formatting/layout is important.

Perhaps there is a work around in exporting as a PDF and then
importing into a windows program?? to produce a word document.

can the windows version export RTF?

The windows version of OvHTML caims to be able to do this.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe tim@xxxxxxxxx
for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/