[softwarelist] Re: exporting

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 12:56:35 +1000

On 9/07/2015 12:45 PM, Peter Prewett wrote:

Turing to my reply - I'm sorry, export support from Ovation Pro *is*
poor.

There has been no improvement in the last 10 years. Ovation Pro is open,
anyone who wants to can write code to export with styles or whatever.

Perhaps one could comment that there's a big gap between transparent
conversion from OPro to Word, and simply preserving effects like bold
and italics.

One might also wonder what is going to happen at the destination, are
they going to publish your Word document or just copy the text out of it
and process it themselves.

It is going to be added to other contributors and published, the editor
has a Apple computer, she reported that should could see the pdf but
could not import for editing.

The added problem is that it is not possible to save the raw text, at
least I could not find a method, it always has the formatting so all
over place.

In some documents the formatting/layout is important.

Perhaps there is a work around in exporting as a PDF and then importing
into a windows program?? to produce a word document.

Peter

Tried exporting as PDF and importing into Xara Pro 10 and could do so but exporting as .docx and reading in LibreOffice the formatting is still stuffed:-((
Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, NSW, Australia