[softwarelist] Re: dpd extension

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:40:24 +0100

In article <$RFE8nAyuTVSFws+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> In message <525528EF.8090207@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett
> <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >When it saves the file it always adds to the end of the file name the
> >extension .dpd.pdf

> Is that a problem with respect to Ovation Pro - meaning the extension is
> not a simple .dpd.

> Someone told me about a program that uses .dpd as the file extension.

> OPW accepts an alternative which is the RISC OS hex code b27 (or
> whatever). I think there is no simple way of saving with that type
> though.

> Maybe a case for some simple work here to let you change the OPW
> extension, or perhaps fix it, if it is accepting .dpd.pdf.

IIRC. It was me Guv'.

On one particular machine when I double clicked an OvPro file KingSoft
Office would always *try* to use that file.

However since a total uninstall then reinstalling KSO from scratch and
manually (Properties "Open With) assigning it to Ovation Pro, I've not had
any more tantrums.

I can only assume a registry CU at some point.

Dave

I've just rechecked and both .dpd and .dps when double clicked are opened
by Win OvPro.

--

Dave Triffid