[softwarelist] Re: can not open a file

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:22:04 +0100

Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
> I have a file  counted at 730,820 bytes which when I attempt to open it
> tells not enough memory.. It displays as a file that has been pushed
> partially  on the Iyonix desk top in the left hand corner but will not
> open any further. Can anyone help. I have enlarged the print area and
> removed other programs from the icon bar.
>
>OPro Iyonix 5.18

Assuming this is a file that's previously worked on that machine... it
suggests something has changed in the way that OPro is using memory, eg
whether pictures in a document are being proxied or not, or represented by
thumbnails etc.

Is this the same version of OP as you previously used?   And indeed, same
version of RO?

Have you changed anything in OP's Application Choices recently? It might be
worth opening a smaller (or just an empty) document and reviewing what those
choices are, as (application) choices made when editing one file will affect
all files.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own