[softwarelist] Re: a few questions

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:01:26 +0100

In message <46526EA5.5030001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a few questions that someone can hopefully help me with.
> Using the Windows version of Ovation 2.92.
> 1. When trying to select an area of text I keep on getting the
> key symbol up which makes it difficult to select text what is its
> purpose.

The key symbol is shown when trying to move/drag a locked object.
Perhaps double-clicking the first word and right-clicking the end of
the last word of the desired selection would be easier in this
situation.

> 2. I have a document that has a number of linked text frames that
> fill up the page what is the trick to get it to flow onto
> another/new page?

On the 'Master page', after you have selected the 'Link Text Frames'
icon in the toolbar to the left of the main OvPro window (Chain Icon),
just drag the last frame on the page back into the first frame of the
page.

> 3. I seem to always get the Ovation page off the bottom of the
> screen and so cannot get the movement arrows back to resize as
> hidden behind the icon bar is there a method to stop the page
> disappearing at the bottom.

If the window is minimised, can't you just drag the window title bar
to move the whole window up?  Or am I misunderstanding your problem?
If the top of the window is already at the top of the screen, just
drag the top window border down first.

--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/