[softwarelist] Re: Windows version has "stopped working"

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:12:47 +0100

In message <RK4sGeGRF+DHFw9Y@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

So I'll go away and try the Vista updates - over the weekend.

Windows update stiffed the computer. After that Windows proclaimed it could not do updates and gave an error number.

I looked the number up on Google, there's a lot of pain out in Windows land. The solution was not clear, even from Microsoft. The dreaded "reinstall Windows" is on offer. System restore to before the failed update got things working again.

After that it installed all the updates. However Ovation Pro still works.