[softwarelist] Re: Windows version has "stopped working"

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:24:44 +0100

In message <470E82D2.5050201@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Jennings <aoum51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I have been using Ovation Pro on my new Windows Vista computer for the last few weeks but it has now "stopped working" (as confirmed by a Windows message).

Can you tell me more, like the exact messages from Windows and exactly what provokes them?

Windows has given one explanation: that it can't find the OvProDocument.dpd file in my Documents folder!

So how where you attempting to load that file - what was the message and what was the name of the file?

Often in Windows one can mark error messages and then copy/paste them, saves a lot of time.