[softwarelist] Windows update (OT for list). Was: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:38:11 GMT

On 15 Jan 2009  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

[snip new version of OPro; thanks]

> Meanwhile presumably I am now betwixt the devil and the deep blue sea,
> can't use the network if I upgrade Windows and open to virus's or
> whatever if I don't. Almost as soon as I had got the file from RISC OS,
> Windows told me it was ready to install an upgrade - presumably the same
> one as yesterday. Amusingly it is insisting on installing the updates,
> seemingly if I leave the computer for 5 minutes it will install them
> automatically - I may be sat here for sometime.

FWIW, my Windows machines have been updated with anything offered by
the upgrade program, and so far at any rate I can communicate with (at
least one of) them using the new version of LanMan98. I was worried
after I saw David's problem, but am a bit less worried now. <crosses
fingers, touches wood, etc etc>.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter,  \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.