[softwarelist] Re: Windows Vista

  • From: Martin Longley <mlongley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:24:27 +0000 (GMT)

In article <eHULHdCP1X4FFw9v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

[Snip]

> [1] Three engineers go for a car ride, as they come to a steep hill the
> brakes fail. After a hair raising descent they manage to stop.

> The mechanical engineer says "we'd better inspect the brakes before
> going on".

> The electronic engineer says "we should run some tests on the ABS
> control unit".

> The software engineer says "maybe we should push the car back up the
> hill and see if it happens again".

Or alternatively:
3 Engineers out in a car and it breaks down. It refuses to start.
Mechanical engineer suggests it's a problem with the engine, electronics
engineer suggests ir's a problem with the electrics, software engineer says,
"why don't we all get out, shut all the doors, then open them again and get in
and see if it works!"

Martin Longley

--
mlongley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx