[softwarelist] Re: Windows Vista

  • From: Jochen Konietzko <JochenKonietzko@xxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:21:25 +0100

 ..... Original Message .......
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:39:04 -0000 "Arthur Lacey" <tedell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The adverts for Vista show upgrade versions.  Are these for upgrading from
>one version to a higher one or from XP?
>
>Any help from someone who has alreast uopgraded will be appreciated.
>
>Ted Lacey

From I saw on TV, when you buy Vista you actually buy a set of DVDs with
everything on it - and an unlock key for some part.
So, when you buy an entry level version only to find out that something really
essential is missing, you can throw some additional money down Micro$oft's
insatiable maw and "upgrade" courtesy of a new unlock key.
Then again, why waste any hard earned cash on Vista at all?
From what I've heard, the successor (Vienna?) is due to come out in two years!
...or buy a Mac ;-)

Regards,

Jochen