[softwarelist] Re: Windows Vista

  • From: Frank Watkinson <frank@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:56:00 +0000 (GMT)

In article <NPpPV+ASOPyFFwOQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> Has anyone any experience of running my Windows software on Vista?

No, but ... dammit all, your posting didn't get downloaded here until
this afternoon, the 8th, while yesterday evening the Iceni club at
Ipswich had an evening with Vista. The presenter's business is
Windows support and he provided a view of Vista at different levels
of that operating system on two machines; one very high spec shuttle
and one low spec laptop.

During the evening it was questioned whether Virtual Acorn would run
on Vista. That possibility could not be explored because of the
nature of software protecion on that emulator.

To my shame I did not think Opro, DPlngScan. Otherwise I would have
taken my CD with me and ensured un-installation afterwards.

If you agree, I will refer him to your site in order for him to at
least attempt installation of the time limited version(s?). However,
he is not that familiar with software emanating from RISC OS and I
doubt if any RISC OS Windows user will get a chance to try things out
on that speaker's installation before next month's meeting (7th
March).

From his various comments, I would imagine that both Opro and
DPlngScan would run OK.

Some sort of report will be issued in due course.          (8-)>

Frank.

--
Frank Watkinson.     email:  <frank@xxxxxxxx>
       Using !Pluto 3.04c on Iyonix 5.11.