[softwarelist] Re: Windows 7

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 19:05:33 +0100

In article <515fec4833riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <SNT108-W14BAAFDB98F432258E7FCCCC6A0@xxxxxxx>,
>    Angela Craggs <angelacraggs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Does Ovation Pro work Ok with Windows 7. I am about to replace my
> > ancient computer (XP) but don't want to venture along the Windows 7
> > route if it means I can't use Ovation Pro.

> A workaround answer is that VRPC-SA certainly works on my new Windows7
> 64-bit laptop, and therefore Ovation Pro does too - and incredibly
> fast.

> I'm tempted to buy the Windows version of OPro, but can't envisage how
> I'd control the Windows fonts in the way that I do with RISC OS using
> FontDir Pro.

> Michael Harding
> Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael,
Font management handling on Windows is not a problem, I'd go as far as...
The bog standard handling is better than the bog standard handing on RISC
OS.

Additionally there are a number of third part Font managers available on
the Win side.
The one I use is "The Font Thing"  (tft) and there are others...

As Fay and I often shuffle OvPro file between RISC OS OVPro and Win OvPro
we have a number of Fonts mapped between the two so that the documents
remain much the same in appearance.

On Win OvPro.

Menubar Misc-Font manager and the third top button is "Map"

Dave

--

Dave Triffid