[softwarelist] Re: Windows 11

  • From: "Bruce Goatly" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:21:06 -0000

I'm having to let my Mac stay on the current OS because the new one will break some software (abandonware) I use daily. When the Mac has to that great recycling station in the sky, that will be a conundrum yet to be solved.

Bruce

-----Original Message----- From: Frederick Bambrough
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2022 1:00 PM
To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Windows 11

On 26 November 2022 12:38:33 GMT, David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rant a bit about MicroSoft - now worth over $1 trillion, and in the
business of making people throw away perfectly good hardware.

They're not alone. I'm waiting for Apple to release their next batch of hardware and for my stock of expensive printer inks to run out. If I upgrade the OS both printer & scanner will cease to have drivers. Three working machines dead in one go as the computer won't take the current OS.
--
Fred