[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro Import and OvPro on RISC-OS

  • From: Robin Phillips <robin-phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:00:02 GMT

In message <503a418383dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I appreciate this is an old nut waiting to be cracked... Particularly with
> the moving goalposts on the Win Pc side of the divide.
>
> Is there any possibility (Ever) of a Word Importer for Win OvPro, even if
> we are prepared to put some lolly up front?
>
> I appreciate there are ways around the problem with copy and paste, but an
> importer would make life somewhat easier.

As a user of OvationPro on a EISC-OS machine (Iyonix) I would be VERY
glad to have a filter so that ordinary Word files could be readm into
OvationPro, instead of having to use Easywriter as an intermediary.

Also, now that Microsoft lap-tops are producing files in a format
which has the extension .DOCX it would be very good if one could deal
with such files, instead of having to go back to whoever sent them and
ask them to save them in an older version of Word.

Best wishes,  Robin.

--
Robin Phillips,
NG9 1BT