[softwarelist] Re: What happened to David's homepage?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:16:33 +0000

In message <8y9aaDOFEGLPFw7H@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I'll let you know when/if they reply. Thanks for the comments.

I got a reply from 1 & 1

"There was a technical glitch in our server causing the 1&1 parking page to overwrite the customers' home page files. Our administrators are still working to restore all the files. As an advise, if still have the backup of your home page file then please reupload it to the webspace inorder for the website to work back. "

Purely a guess - they have code to insert parking pages in new accounts and it went wrong overwriting existing accounts?

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK