[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: "Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:13:22 +0100

In article <ld8juBCa$NXIFwWE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <94a696b24f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >On 20 Jun 2008  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Doing anything for RISC OS is difficult because I've had 20 years of
> >> aversion therapy...
> >That's one of the saddest things that I've read for ages. I do hope

> Yes well maybe that was overdoing it. I certainly had 10 very happy
> years working on RISC OS (1988-1998).

> As to Microsoft... the thing is that after 10 years of using Windows
> (1998-2008) and really trying, I find I don't like it.

Yes, having to admit that there is no future in a OS you do like, and
moving to an OS you do not, simply to make a living, must be a a major
de-motivator.

But you have always been reluctant to do chargeable upgrades for RISC OS.
Are there enough changes you could port back into RO to appease your
conscience about making an upgrade charge, and are there enough RO users
left and willing to pay a charge to make it worth your while?