[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:58:44 +0100

In message <4fb2d8fe83charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4fb2cf5dcalists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In a dim and distant universe <b54dceb24f.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

>>> I would like to back Peter 100% in what he says. After watching the
>>> program about Bill Gates yesterday I am so grateful for our operating
>>> system and those who support it like David.

>> Yeah. That programme made me feel sick. The guy is a megalomaniac
>> psychopath - and thinks he can buy appreciation by chucking money at
>> charities. My disliking for him just reached new heights!

> Just because you dislike Microsoft products is no reason to dismiss Gates'
> donations to charity.  A hundred years ago, Andrew Carnegie made a personal
> fortune out of the steel industry in the USA and, on retiring, gave
> millions* to charity.  He is considered a philanthropist.

> * considered to be the equivalent of $4.3 billion at current prices

I have no trouble with this. I actually like some MS products, Power
Point being one. However the way they ruthlessly wiled out competition
really made me happy for our good old RISC OS.

By the way I do not consider Big Bill as a megalomaniac psychopath
but hope he gives his money to where it really is needed and although
he longs for the Nobel Peace Prize I hope it goes elsewhere as there
are plenty more deserving cases.

Alan
8=)

Alan