[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:08:02 +0100

In message <4faf0642b8asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Hopper <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

    I realise that I should have known this before - but didn't. When the
only font referred to in a document is NOT Trinity, OvnPro puts out a font
list (in a DDL file and a Postscript file anyway) including Trinity
Medium/Bold/Italic.

There is a long running bug, where OPro thinks documents use fonts which they don't - it arises because OPro loses count, you know you once used Trinity in a document but deleted all the uses and OPro still sees it as used.

One problem with this bug is that it can have many causes and even when some of the causes are fixed, old documents are not fixed.

Incidentally there is also of course the situation where you do use Trinity, but you don't notice it - an empty frame somewhere.

Saving the document as DDL will firstly let you see what fonts OPro thinks are used, but also will let you see where various fonts are used - notice the name given to the font, and then look for uses of that name.

I think that save as DDL, reload DDL will recount the fonts.

Plan B, is uninstall the font, load the document (OPro will complain about the missing font), then save the document.