[softwarelist] Re: Underlines in OvPro

  • From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:46:03 +0000 (GMT)

> Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > writes

> >No, neither works.  Example file being sent by private email.

> Thanks. The problem is that when the line is selected it does appear
> to be selected. I used select all, deselected the other items in
> your example, look at the edit menu to check that something is
> selected, then delete.

> I think it is just a case of you set the width to zero and then zero
> times anything is zero.

Yet the 'snapped' line, whose thickness is also 0.1mm and whose width
is also zero, behaves itself.

> Objects always have a transformation associated with them, I fiddled
> things when objects are created so that if you create a vertical line
> a diagonal line is created with a transform that makes it vertical.

So the difference is something internal, unseen by the user - the
'modify line' dbox looks identical for both lines.

2 problems remain, though - only one of the otherwise identical (0.1mm
thick) lines prints, and only one of them renders correctly onscreen.
Users beware!

> However I know that I didn't get things right, in every situation,
> there was never time.

Nevertheless, you did an absolutely amazing job, David - thank you!

Chris.