[softwarelist] Re: Trouble with the DPscan software

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:28:12 +0100

Hi,

On 12/05/2014 12:13, Cyril Johnson wrote:
It will scan the first picture as usual without trouble, but when I
try to preview or scan another I get the message:

Internal error. no trap for stackhandler:Divide by zero,
ps=FC15F560:registers at 000D3854.

I would guess the first operation is not completing correctly, as a result a second operation gets zero bytes back when it tries to read data from the scanner.

This seemed to start after attempts to freshen the program because of
other strange behaviour.

Hmm. what other strange behaviour.

Can anyone shed any light?

Iyonix with Risc OS 5.18, DPscan 1.25, Twain Aug 2009

Problem is the time, all Iyonix problems where solved around 2002, so although there have been later TWAIN driver for ARM v 7 etc. not really relevant to you.

One scenario is that you've reinstalled software that won't work - like off the discs, and you've been using something I emailed.

Another is that your USB subsystem is damaged in some way or is a version that won't work with the scanner.

Perils of reinstalling stuff when it stops working - but I would probably do that.

www.davidpilling.com

www.davidpilling.com