[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:04:38 +0100

In article <POGRvlApfBjEFwDe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >It's worth pointing out that the BMP that will load into an OvPro frame
> >on her machine, is the same file converted in DPlngscan from PNG to BMP
> >and is obviously much bigger.

> Looking at ChangeFSI, it does set its memory slot within bounds.

> I wonder if there is anything to be gained from twiddling any of the
> other memory allocations - I was thinking of the module area. I don't
> know where the PNG module gets its memory from.

Interesting you should mention that, because that's one of the things I've
tried... Dragging the memory allocated much larger... Still no go though.
As to where the PNG module  gets its memory from... Pass!

> Another test (I'd have to work out the details for you) would be to try
> and convert a PNG to Sprite, using ChangeFSI from the command line. That
> is very close to what the transloaders are doing.

Ah yes well, I'm aware that CFSI can be command line run. but I've never
actually managed to get it to do anything, obviously not written the
command string correctly.  :-(

Thanks for still mulling the problem over.
Cheers
Dave S